Senior Animator (Spine)
🖥️ Online interview
1 week 6 days ago
We are looking for a Spine Animator who can rig and animate 2D characters and VFX for online games. Character art and backgrounds will be created by artists internally. The animator will cut apart the characters, rig them and use the Spine Mesh tool to simulate 3-Dimensional turns and movements.
· Work with the Illustrators and Art Director to create animations for characters and objects.
· Export and optimize animations to create game-ready assets.
· Take part in creating mockups of gameplay and new game features during pre-production of all games.
· Use the source files prepared by artist colleagues.
· Closely cooperate with other team members: Developers, Testers and Game Producers.
· Actively participate in the Game Development process to create the best games on the market.
· Share and spread knowledge among your team members.
Key Skills and Responsibilities
· Rig and animate in Spine using the mesh tool to simulate 3D.
· Create an animatic for approval of timing.
· Animate the characters, and background, following the provided storyboards. (Character animation and ambient background animations ie: glows, blinking lights, side character’s idle animations and blinks).
· Edit the animated sequences together to follow two storyboards, each animation would be less than a minute of animation.
· Provide working Spine files for adjustments to be made during postproduction.
· Ability to meet tight deadlines
· High levels of attention to detail
· Expert in Spine animation
· Big plus if you can animate in AE
· Experience in the games industry would be an asset
· Good knowledge in Maya, After Effects and Spine.
· Technical art knowledge (image sequence optimization, asset export, working with sprite sheets).
· Knowledge of Jira and Confluence.
Want to apply for to SpotOn Connections?Apply
by Dawid Zamkowski